How to Refresh Freeze-Dried Cheese:
Cheese is one of those staples that many of us have difficulty doing without. It’s used as a key ingredient in so many recipes, from cheese and crackers to tacos and casseroles. Unfortunately, the cheese we buy from the grocery store in shrink-wrapped blocks is not made for long-term storage, which is a major problem for those who like to plan far ahead.
Luckily, science has given us technology called Freeze Drying to solve this problem! It may look pricey, but it’s well worth the cost, simply because of its remarkable shelf stability, flavor, and the fact that when rehydrated, it tastes and melts exactly like fresh cheese.
It has a long shelf-life of years as long as it remains in the can. We recommend that it be used within a year. Compare this to regular cheese, which goes “iffy” if you leave it out of the fridge for a while and grows mold after a couple of weeks even when refrigerated.
The Freeze Dried Cheese is ready to eat item and can directly be eaten which tastes very delicious and can be rehydrated easily. Here are two popular and easy methods.
- Take a bowl and fill it with drinking water.
- Take out required quantity of Cheese flakes or cubes in a strainer which can be dipped in to the water bowl.
- Dip the strainer in to the hot water bowl for ten to fifteen minutes depending on the quantity.
- Take it out and shake out excess water.
- Fresh like soft cheese is ready to serve.
- Take a zip lock bag
- Empty required quantity of cheese into the Zip lock bag
- Fill the bag with drinking water and zip lock it
- Leave it for some time while squeezing it say 2-3 minutes
- Open one side of the zip and drain out all water from the bag
- Leave it outside or in the refrigerator for later use.
- Fresh like soft, tasty cheese is ready to use.
How to Refresh Sweet corn
Our Freeze Dried sweet corn is produced through a special drying process called “freeze drying.” It varies from the dehydration process because it allows the corn to maintain its molecular shape. All nutrients, vitamins and minerals remain intact in this process.
Freeze dried products are popular due to their ability to rehydrate almost instantly when you add water. We bring you Freeze Dried Sweet Corn Pulses, a very handy tool to make delicious dishes. A Sweet Corn Soup or Corn vegetable with Paneer or Capsicum and hundreds of other varieties. Freeze Dried Sweet Corn is ready to eat and is ideal as snacks too. Packed in a reusable PET Bottle.
For Refreshing or rehydrating, Freeze Dried Sweet Corn
1. Empty required quantity in a pan
2. Add almost equal amount of water in the pan
3. Heat the pan on the stove for few minutes.
4. You may add salt and paper to taste if you wish to eat them as fresh
5. Shake away excess water.
6. Rehydrated Sweet Corn will absorb water and will regain its shape and colour. You have fresh sweet corm ready to serve,
7. For using Freese Dried Sweet Corn as ingredient in any dishes like Soup, vegetables etc use them directly.
Sweet Corn can also be rehdrated by immersing in drinking water for 10 to 15 minutes.